By Parul Thakur
Magellan is one of the leading portable GPS navigation consumer electronics companies. In 1986 it was founded . It is also known as MiTac Digital Corporation. It is a wholly – owned subsidiary of MiTac International Corporation (MIC). MIC was founded in 1982. MIC promotes and sells products and services under the name of Magellan Corporation .
Are Magellan Map updates free?
Lots of new features are added with the new updates of Magellan Maps. Updates also ensure that you reach your destination on time making you travel hassle – free and worry – free. The lifetime map updates are also pocket – friendly to your expenses. So you can save a lot more on fuel by reaching on time from the shortest route.
How to get Magellan updates free?
Magellan devices use a content manager to keep software and map data up to date. This program is available on the official Magellan website and can be downloaded and installed for free from it.
After you install it, it informs you about updates and seeks permission to get the newest edition. It is a communication platform between Magellan’s server and you. Apart from helping in updates, it also helps in backing up the data.
How to download new data from content manager
- Ensure your device is fully – charged.
- Switch your device off.
- Connect your device to a computer using a USB cable.
Note : Your computer must be running content manager.
If you are new and it’s your first time , then sign in and register your device.
- Tap on ‘ Check for updates ’ on the main screen.
Now , Content Manager will surf for new updates and ask for installing the update.
Apart from providing software updates, content manager also works as a clearing house for latest Magellan updates. Map updates can be free or on purchase.
If you opt for a paid update, it will direct you to Magellan’s website. Using website you can perform safe online payment before downloading the update.
What do map updates include?
- New Areas.
- Considerable extension to existing streets.
- Extension to available highways.
Steps for getting a free update:
- Charge your device completely.
- Download content manager from the website of Magellan.
- Install content manager in your device.
- After launching it, sign in with your Magellan account details.
Note : If you don’t have a Magellan account , then follow the following steps.
- Go to main page of Magellan website.
- Tap on create your account option.
- After doing this, use USB cable to connect your device to computer.
Note : Device will turn on automatically. If it doesn’t, you can turn it on manually .
- Right – click on content manager icon in system tray of Windows and Dock in OS X.
- Check for updates option available there. Click on it.
If there are updates available regarding map or software, they will appear on the screen.
- Click on “ Get now ” to download and install available updates to your device .
- Your device will restart automatically.
Just sit back and wait for a while.
While updating Magellan Maps, you might commit some mistakes although it’s not a tough task. These common mistakes sometimes create data errors.
You should keep the following points in your mind:
- Don’t turn off or shut down your device while content manager is running.
- Wait for content manager to eject the device and asks you to unplug the device after updates are fully – downloaded and installed.
- After your device turns off after getting data don’t turn it on. It will restart automatically to complete installation.
Guidance and Helpline Support:
If you are unable to resolve your issues , give us a call on +1 888-309-0939 toll free number for quick and instant support. You can also have a live chat with our experts for a quick reply. You can also write to us and we will get back to you within the next 24 hours.