By Parul Thakur
Can I update my Tomtom using an iPad
GPS devices have been an important part of our living. One such known name is TomTom N.V., a Dutch company. Developer & creator of location technology and consumer electronics at a multinational level. Founded back in 1991 and is headquartered in Amsterdam. Its release of the first generation of satellite navigation devices to market dates back in 2004.
TomTom Plus is a fee-based service offered by the company in the name TomTom Plus (stylized TomTom PLUS).
Services provided by TomTom Plus include:
- Services to warn drivers about speed cameras, weather updates, change voices, and provide traffic alerts.
- Subscribers in many parts of Europe and the US are provided Traffic data via Bluetooth-enabled cell phones with Internet service or an add-on aerial. This technology picks up RDS data (broadcast on FM radio frequencies) offering traffic information without the requirement for a data connection.
- The TomTom Plus service is not compatible with Apple’s iPhone.Live Services on the Go 940 Live were released in October 2008 by the company. These allowed users to receive updates over the mobile telephone network using the SIM card in the device. HD Traffic, Safety Alerts, Local Search with Google, and Fuel Prices are some of the services included.
- It provides a more accurate location of traffic jams, improved coverage of automatically detected road closures
- Increased accuracy of jam location now allows for ‘Jam Ahead Warnings’, warning drivers when approaching a jam-tail too fast. The coverage of automatic road closure detection majorly secondary roads is improved. Automatic road works detection on highways. TomTom also added ‘Predictive Flow Feed’ is also added for better predicting approaching traffic delays, with the goal of improving optimal route calculation and ETA by TomTom.
- Real-time weather information is included in the TomTom’s routing algorithms and warns users in areas of bad weather. Real-time traffic information road closures that are reported via the online Map Share Reporter tool are incorporated in the 8.0 version of TomTom.
Eenhanced Positioning Technology:
when a navigation device can’t receive GPS satellite signals (e.g. in tunnels or amongst high buildings) using movement and gravity sensors it will still offer you continuous navigation.
Is updating a tomtom by using an iPad possible?
iPad provides a full-screen display that shows you driving view and Advanced Lane Guidance images at the same time enabling the most use of iPad. You can purchase connected services in-App or easily transfer your existing subscriptions. When you want to go bigger, move your TomTom App to the iPad.
Note: Cellular connection is required for transferring the subscriptions.
Due to constant change inroads. These changes count for an average of 15% per year. TomTom updates you with the most updated and latest maps.
TomTom App is now quicker and easier to use than ever before. You can see your driving view with one touch from anywhere, access guidance options in a tap, and switch between different route types more easily. You can enjoy TomTom navigation on your iPhone or iPad in a very simpler way.
A word of warning to those still using TomTom with an iPhone 3G. This will be the last version of the app to fully support it. Future versions should still work but any new features added will not be supported.
Guidance and Helpline Support:
If you are unable to resolve your issues, give us a call on +1 888-406-8620 toll-free number for quick and instant support. You can also have a live chat with our experts for a quick reply. You can also write to us and we will get back to you within the next 24 hours.