Garmin Nuvi 2597LMT Update is the most essential part after buying your GPS device. This helps in refreshing your device as per the latest maps update or other features from the company.
This article will help you to update your Garmin Nuvi 2597LMT Device from MyGarmin express which keeps on releasing new updates every year. And depending upon your operating system Mac OS or Windows system you can easily update your Garmin device.
How to Update Garmin Nuvi 2597LMT?
Now before telling you how to update your device , you should be well prepared with few some important tools
- Laptop or PC.
- Your Garmin Nuvi 2597LMT Device.
- Fast internet connection (WiFi or Ethernet Internet connection is preferred).
- USB cable (To connect Garmin Device to your computer).
So you are ready with the tools, now let’s proceed further with easy steps.
Step 1. Connecting Garmin Nuvi 2597LMT to your Laptop or PC
First step is to safely connect your device with the computer or laptop. Proceed with the following way to perform this action.
- You need to disconnect you Device from your car.
- Ensure your device and computer to be turned “On”
- Now you will have to connect Garmin Nuvi 2597LMT device to your computer with the help of USB cable.
- If you are connecting your device for the first time then you will have to log in to your account in MyGarmin express.
Step 2: Downloading and installing Garmin Express
With the help of Garmin Express, you can update your Maps and software and get them to sync with the Garmin Connect.
If you are first time user then you need to register yourself in Garmin Express, or else you can directly login using your Garmin account. You can use these steps to proceed further.
- First, you will have to visit MyGarmin express.
- This will take you that Garmin express homepage.
- Now here you need to choose either Download for Windows or Download for Mac depending upon your computer’s operating system you are working on.
- Now the downloading will begin.
- Now as the downloading completes click “Install” and follow the on-screen instructions
- Now the installation is finished and you can open Garmin Express on your Laptop or PC.
Now the Garmin Express software will keep you on notifying whenever the new updates are available to install.
Step 3: Initiate Device Update and Adding a Device
In this step, you will have to add the device (to be updated ) on the Garmin express home screen. If you are able to see your device name on the screen with green light prior to the device name, then you can select the device and prepare it for the update process.
You need to ensure for a proper and high-speed Internet connection, prefer a WiFi or Ethernet Internet connection.
If you can not find your device name then you will have to :
- First Click “Add a Device” button.
- Now after adding your device you will find the updates available to install along with the estimated time to complete the installation.
- Further now you will have to click “Select All” and also click “Accept” after reading the terms and conditions.
- Now the installation will begin with progress bar display on the screen.
You will receiving the app that are compatible in your device. These apps could be free or standard version as well.
Step 4: Disconnecting your Device
Your Garmin Nuvi 2597LMT Device is now updated and now you need to disconnect the device from your laptop or PC.
To safely disconnect your device you need to right-click “Garmin Express” icon and from the drop-down list you will have to select “Eject”, and thereafter you can unplug your Garmin Nuvi 2597LMT from the computer and detach the USB cable as well.
Now you Garmin Device is ready to use and you can plug it in your car and use it well, with ready to go map and features your device will work smoothly and without any trouble.
Nuvi 2597LMT is a Bluetooth compatible GPS device with many other powerful features. After updating it with latest maps version and other features, this device will take you to your destination with the most possible shortest way.
Hopefully, with this user guide, you will be able to learn to update your Nuvi 2597LMT Device, if still, you find any problem in updating it then you can visit Garmin Homepage and get your query to solve with the industry experts.
For detailed information, you can contact us at toll-free number +1-888-406-8616 or write at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Garmin Nuvi professionals will provide instant help.