By- Parul Thakur
Garmin products are famous worldwide and have gained a lot of popularity because of their unique features and excellent services that they provide to their customers . ‘Garmin’ is an American Multi – National company , known for its specialization in GPS technology for navigation , aviation , sports activities and automotive using Garmin GPS .
Garmin Nuvi series line was released in 2005 . The Nuvi series with LMT provides Lifetime Maps and Traffic . They come overloaded with particular region , like North America . Other features include real – time traffic updates and markings for points of interest , such as restaurants, gas stations , ATMs , etc .
Garmin Drive 50 USA LM is no.1 Best seller whereas the Garmin Nuvi 57LM is best rated on Amazon .
Tips and tricks for Garmin Nuvi Series
- To charge a battery with USB port .
- Disconnect your USB drive .
- Disconnect it from “My computer” .
- Hold the button wait until it beeps .
- Push again the power button and wait for the beep.
The GPS should show “charging” .
- If the Garmin Nuvi doesn’t receive the satellite signal .
- Update your GPS with web updater .
- Do a “hard reset”.
- Hard Reset . There is a reset button on back of the Garmin Nuvi but this button does not erase user data .
- Press the bottom right corner of the touch screen .
- Simultaneously press power and release power in a while .
- Choose to erase user data when required .
- When your Garmin Nuvi does not say street names and is compatible with the text to speech feature .
- Choose a tts voice ( indicated in brackets ) .
- Regardless of the address or point of interest you are working for , your Garmin Nuvi tells you that there is no result :
- Go to the ‘Tools’ menu .
- Select settings .
- Then select the map .
- Then the information .
Note : In this menu , you will see the version of maps installed . Check at least one map , otherwise you will not do anything with your Garmin Nuvi GPS .
- If your Nuvi is frozen , try the reset button . There’s no standard place on Nuvi , check in manual .
Bonus Hacks for you:
- On 3rd April 2009 , Denuvi and emmix two users discovered a new way to get to the hidden GPX track logging menu for some of Nuvi models .
- Go to Where Am I Screen . To go to Where Am I screen tap on the vehicle symbol in map view mode .
Select “Where Am I” in tools menu.
- Then on tap the words “Nearest” , “Address” , and “Junction” in the manner specified below:
- ‘Nearest’ in “Nearest Junction” or “nearest intersection” .
- ‘Nearest’ in “Nearest Address” .
- ‘Address’ in “Nearest Address” .
- ‘Junction’ in “Nearest Junction”
“Nearest intersection” .
Note : This hack is confirmed for Nuvi 205 model .
- For Nuvi V5.00
- Go to Where Am I screen ( similarly as Nuvi 205 ) .
- Tap the sequence near corner of location text box .
- Bottom Left .
- Top Left .
- Top Right .
- Bottom right .
- Go to “view map” screen .
- Tap on the “speed” indicator .
- Press and hold centre the speedometer until the “diagnostic page” appears .
- Select “Diagnostic logging” .
- Select start recording .
- Check “GPX” then press “start” .
Garmin tools control a high percentage in the market share even though you have GPS tools inbuilt in our smart phones.
- Constantly updated to make them authentic and reliable.
- Not expense raising and better than commercial maps without any valuable feature.
- Garmin maps and GPS never run out of updates.
- Purchasing maps physically has completely been eradicated.
- Because of its features that help in predicting traffic, it is a time saver.
- Paths that lead to mishaps or accidents can be reduced or avoided by reporting and informing drivers or commuters.
Guidance and Helpline Support
If you are unable to resolve your issues, give us a call on +1 888-309-0939 or live chat with our experts for quick , instant support . You can also write to us and we will get back to you within 24 hours .